Re: proel volume/expression pedals

hey loopers,

thanks again for the volume pedal input, OT as it may be...or is it?

called the local Mars Music, and they had an Ernie Ball stereo pan
pedal for $109.  i think the guy had the wrong price, but i didn't
argue with him.  i thought, "i'll go get it and take it back if it
doesn't work".

aux send 1 into L in, aux send 2 into R in.  L out goes to Jamman, R
out goes to MoFx.  Jammie and MoFx return to channels on the mixer.
so i'm trying to figure out how this pedal works with the little
switchy thang on the side.

just pushing the pedal up gives input to both units.  hitting the
switch on the side by moving your toe to the left to engage it puts
the pedal in 'pan' mode, where toe down sends audio to the L output
and toe up sends audio to the R output.  hitting the switch again
puts you back in standard volume mode.

so with one pedal, you can send stuff to either one unit or the
other, or both (by being in just volume mode).

neat.  but not gonna work for me i think.

when i'm in pan mode, there's no way to drop the signal out of one
unit without bringing it into the other.  "fine, i'll just hit the
switch into the other mode, and back out of the volume normally".
unfortunately, it's going to be dependent on where the pedal is at
the time, and the mode switch gives a little 'click' that enters the
delay line, which is just terrific with long decay rates, as you can
imagine...and just kills the mood of my fripperscape, y'know?

a little to much "where am i?" guessing and tap dancing for me.  i'm
going to try two proel pedals and see if they work for me.  if not,
i'll use the Eball in mono mode and have to bite the bullet and get
another one.

this is just one night of work, though.  i'm gonna see if that setup
has any secrets while i've got 30 days to try the darn pedal out.

best,

rich