Re: worldbridger

>so, i have a request for yall.
>
>im looking for South American tribal music, spirit of the
>rainforest, grandfather drum, voice of the cloud, to South America
>what Farafina is to Africa... something polyrhythmic, polymetric,
>whatever you want to call it, building repetition. someone, give me
>the words!

the shaman thing sounds much simpler than african music. I did not
recognize polyrhythm so far. Its dominated by the strong and regular
sh-sh-sh of the maracas.
I dont know where the magic is, but it may be rather in the trance of
the straight pulse.

>i've spent most of my life there, on the outside, in the crystal
>megahertz.

:-)

>so i am learning another way, the long road back to embodiment, the
>'red pill', if you will. because the guides tell me the next leg of
>training as shaman is in the primitive, embodying spirit in dance,
>breath, voice, drum, trance. the animals.

... and tea!

>so where can i exist on that edge? can i place myself where i can
>honor and learn from the tribes without eroding their culture? how
>to exit the tourist conveyorbelt and become of service to these
>indigenous people, so that we can recognize, we are all indigenous.

There are tribes of any degree of approach to civilization. Some
still never saw any of it, but you wont finde those anyway. Others
live in complicated contraditions and all kinds of sad and intersting
mixtures between their tradition and the new influences. But even
though the kassiki has a car now, he can still teach you a lot!
I visited a tribe once and it was not quite simple gain their
confidence. But they were also proud to show off their ritual and I
recorded it. Then they told me that many had recorded it and all had
promissed to send a copy and never did. So I did. They have a CD of
their music now. The friend that brought it there said they were
highly pleased. And I dont think I harmed anything, because they had
a CD player before.
I also had to promiss not to distribute the recording without their
participation.
Of course. Then I became aware of available recording of similar style...

Also, preservation is not really a principle of nature, its a man
made, fear driven, and often against evolution - which does not
justify some of the distructivity of man!

>is there not a mystery school somewhere, teetering on that precipice
>where the voice is the synthesizer, the body is levity, the breath
>is operating system upgrade, time is echoplex, where Western magic
>is tenderly and appropriately introduced, built with spirit of the
>local land, not bulldozed like formula over tender rainforest
>shoots? shit, there must be.

you are welcome to create one!

>where is it? right under your nose?

depends of the size of your nose...