Re: pedalboard wiring: layout and noise issues

>> I'm also looking for a way to build my own pedalboard.

For years I was going to build my own pedalboard, then I stumbled across
exactly what I was looking to build at NGM pedalboards:

http://www.austintx.net/dexter/ngm/

The bottom of the case is where the effects are attached, so you just pop
off the lid and are ready to go. Plus, the second level shelf fits my Line
6
pedals exactly. It was simply the best investment I made this year. They
have standard sizes and can also make some custom sizes as well ... the
case
is put together really nice with good fit and finish. Nick at NGM was great
to deal with as well ...

>> -minimizing noise, both between effects in effects
>> loop, and those straight  into amp.

I almost hate to say it, but when I got the pedalboard, I also skeptically
ordered George L's cables and solderless fittings so I could easily cut
custom fit wiring. Well, to be honest, it really ~does~ sound much more
quiet than when I used regular patch cables ... so I would recommend
checking them out:

http://www.georgels.com/

What's nice is I can mix right angle and straight phono plugs to make
positioning the pedals on the board easier ...