Re: Wave Digital's new portable PC

Good point, but in answer to that question in the FAQ:

Notebook\laptop computers are generally not recommended for running the
GigaSampler. THEY TEND TO PERFORM SLOWER THAN THEIR DESKTOP COUNTERPARTS OF
THE SAME ADVERTISED SPEED. THE MINIATURIZATION PLAYS A PART IN SLOWING
THINGS DOWN. Due to lack of readily available PCMCIA soundcards, the audio
output on laptop computers doesnąt compare either. The power management
will
also cause major problems.

I added the caps for emphasis...  The PCMCIA argument is neither here nor
there due to the RMS and MOTU interfaces (and soon Firewire Dig001).

I checked the WaveDigital website for info on their processor, it lists
"Intel Pentium III Processor in FCPGA package."  I don't know if that is
one
of the low power processors or not, which could definitely make a
difference...

BTW, I'm not arguing just for the sake of arguing, this is also an internal
debate with my inner geek who keeps repeating the mantra "but it's SOOO
COOOL!"

    Kevin