Repeater multiply function

Hello all,
Is there a way to record a short percussive loop
on the REPEATER & go into a multiply mode where I
can record a rhythm over the drum loop & turn it
off when I decide to end the rhythm?
I know there is a "Multiply" function where I can
multiply it out in multiples of 2 times, but I
would much rather do it on the fly because
sometimes I do not know how long my rhythm
section will be.
I want it to do a loop multiply quantize similar
to the EDP.
Thanks,