Re: dumb question

At 6:10 PM -0500 12/12/01, Liebig, Steuart A. wrote:

>can someone tell me if a boss ev-5 qualifies as a cv pedal?

Yes.

"CV" = "control voltage"  The 1/4" TRS connector on the pedal's cable
plugs into a jack which supplies a DC source voltage. This voltage is
scaled by the potentiometer inside the pedal and is returned to the
jack. Moving the pedal rotates the potentiometer and varies the
resistance, and this in turn varies the voltage. The changes in this
voltage value control the value of the assigned parameter, so we say
that it is voltage controlled.

CV pedals are also known as Expression pedals. In general, they are
NOT the same thing as volume pedals because they typically have
linear pots rather than logarithmic pots.

Richard Zvonar, PhD
(818) 788-2202
http://www.zvonar.com
http://RZCybernetics.com