Re:EDP Undo Question

At 06:06 AM 12/12/2001, Steve Sandberg wrote:
>I'm a little confused by the undo operation on the EDP, and was wondering
>if anyone could clear it up for me (like through one of your wonderful
>little essays, Kim?).
>I've read the manual, and understand that a long press is supposed to
>undo
>the entire previous layer (given memory limitations), and a short press
>is
>supposed to undo the tail end starting from where you press "undo".  But
>my EDP seems erratic in this function -- often I have to press undo twice
>or more to undo the previous layer, and often it doesn't allow a long
>press -- the little undo light blinks on and off really quickly.  Also,
>it
>seems to me that sometimes I have to press undo while the previously
>recorded material I want to undo is actually playing.  If I press it
>elsewhere in the loop, nothing happens.
>Comments, anyone?  thanks in advance.

hi-

It takes some practice and a good understanding of what the echoplex is
doing with undo in order to use it effectively, much as any instrument
takes a bit of practice. I encourage you to read (or re-read) the section
on Undo in the users manual, as that has a fairly good explanation. Also,
there have been a variety of useful posts about Undo made to the Looper's
Delight list that may be helpful:

http://www.loopers-delight.com/LDarchive/199811/msg00329.html
http://www.loopers-delight.com/LDarchive/200009/msg00082.html
http://www.loopers-delight.com/LDarchive/199707/msg00310.html
http://www.loopers-delight.com/LDarchive/199708/msg00009.html
http://www.loopers-delight.com/LDarchive/199802/msg00706.html
http://www.loopers-delight.com/LDarchive/199802/msg00728.html
http://www.loopers-delight.com/LDarchive/199806/msg00209.html
http://www.loopers-delight.com/LDarchive/199806/msg00219.html
http://www.loopers-delight.com/LDarchive/199903/msg00170.html
http://www.loopers-delight.com/LDarchive/200005/msg00270.html

there are many more. Dig into the Looper's Delight mailing list archives,
you will find a tremendous source of info there.

kim