Re: BATTERY POWERED PREAMPS?

Rick: I Use a Raven Labs PHA-1, which is an instrument preamp, in my bass
rig.  Outstanding unit with 100 hrs. or so on two 9v batts.  Being an
inst.
pre, it only has unbalanced ins (but two, discreet inputs) and also
doubles
as a nifty headphone/practice amp with two headphone outs and a sidechain
(parallel) aux loop. and 1/3 rack size (small and portable)  Dead
quiet..superior headroom, pristine sound.  Don't know exactly how it would
work with a mic...but I could try it out!  Either need to use an adaptor
go from low/xlr to0 high imp/1/4"..or a specialized cable with XLR on one
end and 1/4 on the other....
Max