Re: Subject: Get your looping music on ther airwaves (WasOT:CD-promo)

>Rich wrote:
>
>>and i already had a hammered dulcimer, which covered me in
>>the 'odd instrument i need to apply much more time than i have to
>>master in any sort of reasonable manner' department.
>

>. . . that's the story of my life!  ;-)  Except that all my instruments
>are
>"odd" (by most standards) so I have no "regular" or commonly recognized
>instruments to fall back on.
>
>Someone approached me after a performance once and said "You have really
>weird instruments -- and I don't mean that as an insult!"  I loved it!
>
>Humorously enough, my wife has a hammered dulcimer (which was the cause of
>our meeting in the first place), but I've never really given any time to
>trying to play it.

I actually have a composed piece I could print out some hammered dulcimer
parts for, if your wife and Rich feel like getting together to practice.
(There are other parts, for trombone and oboe, that you might play.)  (The
piece is "DeChonka," at my various mp3 sites.)

And Rich's original "odd instrument" comment made me think of two expensive
things I've always been tempted to buy but would probably enjoy for only
about half an hour:  A pedal steel guitar (but think of the looping
possibilities!) and bagpipes.
---
* just-john@just-john.com  http://just-john.com/cn/rfe.shtml *