Re: phil keaggy

>what does the rather Majestic Mr Keaggy use for his backwards loops? I
>thought he was just a JamMan user.
Steve....when I saw him he would use the JamMan in sample mode.  There you
have the ability to reverse a sample and trigger it either footpedal or by
an audio threshold trigger. Either fowards or in reverse.  It is only a
single sample, no overdubs or continuous loop, but at 32 sec. it can be a
pretty long sample. He just played whilst retriggering the reverse sample.
Seeing him do stuff like that did make me investigate some of the other
"roles" the JamMan could play (outside of the loop mode).  Using Delay
mode
with (almost) infinite feedback, and routing my bass thru an A/B box, gave
me a new spin on looping....a continuously evolving delay-line loop.
kicking
in/out the A/B box allowed me to stop adding to the delay and play over
it.
The advantage here is being able to, via midi control, change the feedback
level, and to have a loop continuously evolve and change over time.
Max