Looping and Steve Sandberg...

>>>I know Steve from a Raga class with Michael Harrison (the last piano
tuner for La Monte Young's Well Tuned Piano in the '80's and an amazing
artist in his own right) a few years ago. Steve's a competent musican,
I was impressed with his skill at notating and repeating whatever
Michael dished out. I know I couldn't deal with it.

At the time I didn't know that he had played with David Byrne,
Ruben Blades and others.

So the down homey coments by Steve Lawson aboout making
a demo seem strange, I don't think SL knows where Mr. Sandberg is coming
from.<<<

Until this latest post, I had no idea where Steve Sandberg is coming from,
though I'm not sure my comments were 'down-homey'... :o) The beauty of a
list like this is that the answer to a question by one person can put
things
in perspective for someone else entirely...

I guess it just goes to show that the answer to a question can only ever
refer to the question unless prior knowledge is present, and for those
looking on, the difference between a helpful answer and 'down-homey'
comments is in the questioner, not the question... ooh, the philosophical
spin-offs from such a simple Q & A :o)

Steve
www.downhomeyquestionsanswered.com