Re: Ideology in looping

> so contrary to the reasons I got into music and creativity in the first
> place -- namely, joy, connecting with the larger dreamself beyond my
> rational mind, etc . . .<<<
>
> But having 'no patience' is an ideological stand-point.. :o) You've
> apparently chosen to dismiss on grounds of ideology the work, or at least
> the methods of some other musicians, which puts you in a similar camp to
> them, it would seem...

Hmm, you're definitely making me think here . . .
On first thought, I'd say that I would never dismiss anyone's work on the
basis of their methods or ways of thinking about or creating  it, even if
it's an ideology -- I judge music on my personal reaction to it. And I like
stuff that's all over the place -- depending on the moment --
What you're saying reminds me of a philosophy professor I had in college
who
said that if you don't have a conscious philosophy, you have an unconscious
one (often either corresponding to or rebelling against the society you
grew
up in) -- so maybe I do have an unconcious ideology I'm not owning up to.