RE: Overloading Output Levels when layering sounds

Hi Per,

Thanks for your help.  As I said in my first message, its not Repeater
that is overloading, it is my final output that is.  If I play through
my setup without adding any loops to the mix, my gain structure and the
final output seems fine with no distortion or apparent overloading.  But
if I add even a single repeating loop to the mix while I am playing
along, the system overloads and eventually distorts.  This gain
structure with the loop created sounds in the mix is what I am trying to
solve, not something that Repeater is doing.  This is something that I
think would just as easily happen with the EDP.  If I bring my initial
gain structure down enough to accommodate the addition of looped sound
layers to the mix output, then my volume level being too low creates
problems for the house mix (who have to turn them up) and also my gain
structure risks being too close to the noise floor.  But, if I bring my
non-looped gain structure up to a good level for the house and the noise
floor, when I begin adding in loops to the mix, the volume level output
goes up (causing the house engineer to have to back off on my fader) and
my output begins to distort.  So, what is the best way to get my rig
structured properly so that I no longer have this problem.

Thanks,
Steve