Armchair NAMM picks

Geez, didn't anybody see anything good at NAMM besides
software? =) While I didn't make it to the convention
myself, I've been rabidly following Harmony Central's
publication of press releases, and offer my personal
wish list for consideration and discussion (and hey,
it's only 11 months till my birthday - some of these
have got to be in production by then!):

Alesis ModFX: OK, the names suck, but that's a whole
lot of variations on processing, and modulation sync
to incoming audio to boot.  Fun for loop
manglification.
http://namm.harmony-central.com/WNAMM02/Content/Alesis/PR/ModFX.html

Boss BF-3 flanger: stereo flange pedal w/momentary
mode, tap tempo, and gate/pan "Slicer" effects.
http://namm.harmony-central.com/WNAMM02/Content/Boss/PR/BF-3.html

Boss PW-10 Modeling Wah Pedal: 8 wah/filter/Univibe
modes, plus distortion and user memory.
http://namm.harmony-central.com/WNAMM02/Content/Boss/PR/V-Wah.html

Digitech PRX single-effect stompboxes: Of particular
interest, the Digidelay (up to 4 seconds of delay) and
the Synth Wah envelope filter.
http://namm.harmony-central.com/WNAMM02/Content/DigiTech/PR/PRX-Pedals.html

Yamaha UD Stomp: 8 bands of delay with up to 5.5
seconds delay time in Parallel mode, modulation
effects, loop sampler, and MIDI control.
http://namm.harmony-central.com/WNAMM02/Content/Yamaha/PR/UD-Stomp.html

Yamaha AES820/AES820D6: Damn, that looks cool!
Available in regular and 26.5" scale Drop 6 flavors.
http://namm.harmony-central.com/WNAMM02/Content/Yamaha/PR/AES820-AES820D6.html

Drool on,
Scott

=====
Scott Martin
coirbidh_99@yahoo.com

And if it's up to us to bring some balance back
Let it not be said it's courage that we lack

-Gaia Consort, "Cry Freedom"