Cubase VST and EDP Sync Issues - Help Please

Hi,

I use Cubase VST.  I want to sync the EDP so the loop is timed to a
BPM/tempo setting in Cubase.

My hope is to play a loop and have the start and ending pint coincide
exactly with the BPM/tempo I've set in Cubase.

The problem has been that my loops, composed on the EDP, don't seem to
track well when I record them into Cubase.  Yes, it could be my timing, but
I do compose to a click track and feel that I'm usually on the money.  But,
the loop still doesn't line up correctly in Cubase after recording it into
Cubase.

Thus, my question about syncing the EDP to Cubase.

Help please.

Thanks,

Michael