RE: Internet audio sources?

For broadcasts: http://www.wfmu.org is a phenomenal radio station in New
Jersey that also broadcasts on the net.  They have a large archive of
past shows as well.  They're basically freeform - college type stuff
minus any actual college - actually it could be argued that they were
part of the very origin of freeform radio.  Among others, Vin Scelsa got
his start there 30+ years ago.

Each DJ can be pretty different and depending on what you like you might
find someone who plays it.  If you're particularly into Prog or Psych
then check out any of these shows: Tony Coulter or Fabio.  For a great
cross section of stuff: Ken Friedman.  Sunday's Bill Kelly routinely
comes up with incredibly rare 60's garage and punk stuff.  My particular
favorite is Wednesday's Incorrect Music Hour with Irwin Chusid who's a
producer of such oddities as the Langley School Project, and
compilations by Esquival, Joe Meek, and Raymond Scott.  Anyway, go to
their site to see more.

Another really great radio show around NYC is the Plastic Tales show on
WNYU which is 89.1 in the NY area on Monday nights at 9.  It's 100%
psych and 60's garage.  There are a couple of archived shows on their
website. http://www.wnyu.org/plastictales/

Oh, you can always try www.kazaa.com for something similar to Napster.
However, many corporate firewalls block off the ports that napster &
it's clones use.

 Kind regards
 =Bill