RE: EDP-Repeater sync (EDP clock calculation)

>set.

Jon Wagner brings up:
>>>Neil-
>>>  One thing to be careful of in my experience:  Make sure that
>>>8th/beat is set up correctly before you make a loop in the EDP.
>>>If you have it set up to 24 8ths/beat and make a really short
>>>loop, repeater goes crazy and screws up the sync from there on.
>>>The only fix I've found is a power cycle of the repeater.

Matthias doubts:
>>This sounds rather unbelievable, since the EDP does not send any
>>clocks if they are too fast. The limit at 8 8th/beat is arround
>>700ms, so at 24 8th/beat its arround 2 sec, not "a really short loop"
>
>At one point I got out the o-scope to verify this for sure, but I've
>since lost my notes on it.  So if I make a 700ms loop at 8 8ths/beat
>is that sending a clock signal every 7.3ms (342bpm) or every 3.7ms
>(684bpm)?

see my calculation below, amazing how our numbers dont fit exactly...

>In other words my question is does EDP send 24 clocks-per-8th,
>or is it 12 clocks-per-8th (which would make is 24 clocks-per-quarter)?

12 clocks / 8th (as MIDI asks)

>Or the same question rephrased, what is "too fast" in beats-per-minute?
>Jon

I dont want to charge the line more than 5%, which is about 1 clock / 6ms
-> minimum 6*12 = 72ms/8th
At 8 8th/beat, you get 96 clocks/beat -> minimum cycle time of 72*96 =
691ms

I understand a beat as a quarter note, so we get 144ms/beat
-> 1000/144 = 6,93 beats/sec = 416 BPM
Is that too much for the repeater?

The new internal Tempo generator offers up to 26...280 BPM.
--

          ---> http://Matthias.Grob.org