RE: echoplex question

Cliff asked politely:

I don't have a midi pedal and I can't quite understand how this works-
could
you explain it differently?

Well, sure.  To do this without a MIDI pedal, perform the following (with
mating dance in progress):
1)   Begin recording on the Echoplex with feedback down all the way.
2)   End recording with overdub, turn down feedback all the way and play
second layer.
3)   End second layer with overdub (ya know, turn off overdub) and turn
feedback up all the way.
Easier with feedback pedal--one foot hits overdub, the other controls the
pedal--and even easier if you are seated--this however can hinder mating
dance.
Gary