Re: Loopstock 2002...

loopaz,

hey...back in the saddle after the weekend loopstock adventure.
probably got to head off list for a little while to get some work
done, but i thought i would chime in for a thanks and a round of
applause to y'all.  what a cool day!  one part concert, one part club
meeting, part happening, part workshop, plus more...all shaken (not
stirred) into a cool vibe concoction with beautiful weather, a great
space, and a killer p.a. to boot.  yowza.

a few special moments still caught in my internal loop memory:

matthias' guitar playing!  outta sight.  moving and flowing.  his
duet'ing with his previous passage thing was so cool that i'm gonna
crib that one.

jon and rick's percussion sets and positive vibes... inspiring.  thanks.

bill...smooth!  very nice and i must pick your brain sometime about
your DL4 expression pedal implementation.  i find mine frustrating
and you made it all feel SO organic.

hans... everything supersuper except the introductions.  didn't know
who half of y'all were until hours were passed.  next time...group
intro before the tunes roll, maybe?   your set was excellent.  your
setup was.... well.... damn!
how much is Ernie Ball paying you?  i want in!

stan just plain ol' rocked.  too bad more of you weren't there to
catch his opening set.  i want to see him play with a band!

dr. z's "my generation" sonic mayhem segment just made my day.  just
to hear that much mashing going on all at once made the hair on my
neck stand up.

that and more, for sure, i'd like to say a bit about everyone's
sets...but i gotta get movin'...

thanks again.  thanks everyone for your kind words for our set.  it
was so great to get some response for this slow (but constant)
momentum Garden of Pomegranates thang that we've been woodshedding on
for so long.

best,

rich

ps.  thanks and no thanks to y'all who bummed me cigarettes.  i could
tell i was nervous and excited to be there as i was bumming ALL DAY.
shit, my lungs hurt as i haven't had a cigarette in a YEAR.  back on
the wagon.

later...