Loopstock

Even though plenty has been said about it, I just wanted to throw in my
dos
pesos.

First of all I would like to offer the obligatory but completely necessary
"thank you" to Hans. I'm sure that this wasn't exactly a joy to put
together, but I sure hope it was worth it for you. (I know it was for
everyone else)

Secondly I would like to thank all of the wonderful performers who made it
such a terrific experience. You were all so amazing and inspirational. I
had
been feeling uninspired and hadn't picked up any of my instruments in a
few
months, but the second I got back to my house I went into my "studio" and
didn't come out for hours.

I had a great time, well worth the trip all of the performances were
amazing
and diverse. From the lush textures emanating from Mark Hamburg's
beautiful
Klein (funny, a week ago I was proud of my Steiny GK4T) to the wall of
sound
Ted Killian coaxed from his mod'd RD Artist. From Steve Rice's wonderfully
constructed ethno-soundscapes to Rich and Cliff's psychedelic-trance
assault. From Sleeping's brand of techno-funk to Armatronix's electronica
extravaganza. My girlfriend (whose only previous looping experience was
the
LA Loopfest last year) was really impressed how looping transcends genres
and instrument limitations, and Loopstock really drove that home with such
an eclectic mix of instrumentalists and styles even to the point of
allowing
musicians to break free of their instrument's long standing roles. (Who
would have thought a tuba could create such beautifully atmospheric music?)

I'd love to give a performance by performance review, but everyone else
has
already done this so well.

My only complaint was that I was digging all of the music so much, I
really
didn't get a chance to socialize and I was really looking forward to
meeting
those of you who were there. Oh well maybe next time :)

Thanks again to everyone involved.

Loop on.