RE: EDP Delay+Mute Mode Request

>This is getting confusing to me-

fine, you bring clairty:

>For me- I would like to be in Delay mode, press Overdub to capture a
>loop, Mute that loop, continue playing, Un-Mute the loop in the exact
>state I left it in-

that how it is
(just that in Loop3, the state of Overdub had no influence during
Mute, which I find simply wrong now)

>I understand fully the desire of fellow list members to be able to Mute
>the loop and still add to it without hearing the results until it has
>been un-muted and I don't think that should be sacrificed.

and its not even in question

>Personally I can't see that I would want to come out of Mute in delay
>mode using Overdub- which seems confusing because Overdub is used to
>capture loops in delay mode-

right, but maybe the other way round:
you have a loop frozen (Overdub red)
mute it
press Overdub the loop comes back as it was but immediately fades.

Or (in some later upgrade?):
Overdub continue doing its job without touching Mute. Means that you
can stay in Mute and decide with Overdub when you want to change it
while its in silence.
I think it would be more interesting for the DelayMode but in general
make things more complex and less consistent without changing that
much...

>I hope I am not confusing the issue more- but such length between
>comments and the posts getting combined throws me a little- Thanks.

now you confused me: what do you mean by this last sentence?

--

          ---> http://Matthias.Grob.org