Re: EDP feedback pedal by Oberheim

>Hi,
>
>I have taken a Oberheim analog volum pedal for test from a store and have
>until tomorrow to decide of I shall buy it or not. It's working fine
>connected to the EDP feedback jack, but the feedback only goes up to 86.
>With a midi pedal it goes all the way to 127.

amazing. So there is a 5k Ohm pot in it, probably.

>Now, it's hard to find analog volum pedals, so I was thinking that I could
>maybe buy this one and replace the potentiometer? If so, what
>potentiometer
>should I go for? What's the specs?

10k Ohm linear. The problem is to get a good enough pot. I did not
even know Oberheim had a pedal... It depends on the mechanics how
much the axis is under pressure. Usually thats where the pot wears
out and produces dust which then create bad contact on the tapers.
Other really cheap potentiometers wear out on the tapper itself.
I am using a blue Bourns (series 92...) for may years in a Schaller pedal.

My Penny & Giles faders also work for 15 years without problem (the
Alps died after less than a year).

>Or is it possible to define some "active zone" from the EDP?

only by soldering resistors ;-)

>I don't really
>need the feedback to go all the way down to zero. Now it goes 0 - 86 but I
>would rather have it go 46 - 127

nono, once you buy a pedal...

>I did search the archives for this but find nothing, which surprised me.

me too! We need to fix that.

>Another interesting idea BTW:
>Have someone mounted a potentiometer on a guitar or bass for manipulating
>the EDP feedback? I cannot do this myself since I sometimes play sax,
>which
>keeps both hands more busy than the guitar, but I just got curious today
>when thinking about this :-)

That could work! It would only take one more wire, so with a stereo
cable...
  It would not serve for me, though, I need to control it while playing.
--

          ---> http://Matthias.Grob.org