Re: Vortex & Holtek chip

Hi Andy,

>I think I actually have one of those chips! (in a Maplin project)

Would that be the 'voice vandal' by any chance? I tried to buy one of
those kits exactly a month after they were withdrawn after being in the
catalogue for
years.. poop! If it was, what does it sound like? I was always intrigued by
those
boxes.

>I probably have the datasheet if you need it

Thanks for the offer but I've since found something that is still being
made and
might be much better for the job (if a bit lighter on the delay time)
the PT2399 and PT2396 both go up to around 300ms, have built in
RAM and cost $3.95 and $3.50 from smallbear... cheap enough to
have loads!
... oh and it's SRAM too which means they should keep the data in sleep
mode which might make for fun mini sampling setups, just a shame the
internal
ram means you can't do an easy 'infinite hold' by simply switching the
write
enable
line off ( a nice cheap mod for anyone with a digital delay stomp box BTW)
anyway I digress as usual :-)

Cheers,
           Robin.

The contents and any attachments of this electronic mail message are
confidential and intended only for the named addressees.

Dissemination, forwarding, publication or other use of the message
or attachments by any unauthorised person is strictly prohibited.
Unless stated to the contrary, any opinions expressed in this message
are personal and may not be attributed to AXA Sun Life or any member
of the AXA Group of Companies.

Internet e-mails are not necessarily secure. AXA Group does not accept
responsibility for changes made to this message after it was sent.