Re: 3/30: open loop open loop open loop open loop

At 11:46 PM -0500 3/30/02, Bill Fox wrote:

>it seems like they'd achieve higher security by inspecting with this
>level of
>screwtiny those who are getting on at a US airport.  Those are the planes
>that
>were used on 9/11.  By the time a European flight arrives in US air
>space, the
>fuel tanks are fairly empty by comparison.

"Screw"-tiny is right. Most of these security procedures a just plain
screwy.

We should not assume that just because the US is the "Great Satan"
that the only targets of terrorist airliner attack will be on US
soil. Any monument of European imperialist culture could be a
suitable target: Buckingham Palace, the Eiffel Tower, the Vatican,
etc. Terrorist "martyrs" aim to disrupt and dispirit the enemy, and a
lot of the value of such acts is symbolic. Remember the Taliban's
destruction of the Buddha statues? In many ways it's the same thing.

Richard Zvonar, PhD
(818) 788-2202
http://www.zvonar.com
http://RZCybernetics.com