Re: Loopers-Delight-d Digest V02 #210

> ATTACHMENT part 8 message/rfc822
> Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 07:48:22 -0800 (PST)
> From: Greg House <ghunicycle@yahoo.com>
> To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
> Subject: Re: Gear setup/sequence question
>
> Ok, I'm replying to myself here, but...
>
> I've seen from msgs in other threads that others of
> you have similar
> equipment issues. How do you work around the
> mono-in/stereo-out problem
>  in your rigs?

i use a behringer eurorack 1604 which is extremely
lightweight and rackmountable. i run stereo guitar on
channels 1 and 2, but all of my efx are mono, so i
only send channel one to them. which i like because
the right side of the stereo delay is a little more
distinct coming out of second amp, often
"contrapuntal" to the efx, if that makes any sense.

in terms of level matching, that's basically the
reason i bought a mixer. running too many efx in line
was creating too much noise (very much a result of
mismatched levels), and using the auxes solves this
problem. both the boomerang and d12 that i use have
variable input levels, and by using the auxes, i can
use hotter input settings without incurring noise.

peace

phil

=====
"Compassion is the sometimes fatal capacity for feeling what
it's like to live inside somebody else's skin.
 It is the knowledge that there can never really be any
peace and joy for me until there is peace and joy finally
for you too."
                                   -Frederick Buechner
"The jewel is in the lotus."