Re: New to list, with a couple of tired old questions

The JamMan is a good 'ol workhorse (still, IMO) but for studio use, I'd go
for
(I did) the Repeater.  Why?  MIDI synchable.  Really good pitch shift and
tempo shift in real time.  Good sound quality (needs to get and give line
level) You can get LOTS of memory (I think up to 256 meg) into it.  (Non
volitile Compact Flash cards)  It's stereo.  Really flexible stereo effects
send.

Lot's of people say it's clunky to use live, but since I purchased a
Behringer
1010 midi pedal, I find it pretty easy.  I've also now gotten comfortable
with
it, and practice helps.

There's also the Echoplex, I'm not sure if it's still in production at this
point, but there's still new stock around.  (Gibson killed Oberheim, who
was
manufacturing them)  I won't talk more on that, because I really don't know
what's going on.  It's a great box though, and has a lot of features that
make
it a great live looper.  The choice between the Echoplex and the Repeater
was
not easy.  I think what put me over the edge was the stereo looping, time
stretch and non volitile memory (you can yank out the card, put it into a
USB
reader and bring your loops into the computer pretty easily with just a
little
editing, I find I really don't use it like that though)

Mark Sottilaro