Re: G4 and digi001? (was O.T. Computers)

i have used digi001 and mac systems for a couple of years now. they are
real stable and the audio (convertors aside) is very pristine. better
than the 24mix systems for audio quality. the software is very intuitive
(to me) and more logical than many others that i've tried...  i also
have the portable MOTU system ( and 828 and a g4 laptop...) and it has
it's strong points but is not as logical or powerful as the protools
set-up. having said that, i do think that the digidesign people are
pretty snobby (not the tech folks, but the powers at the top) and i get
the opposite feeling from motu.. they are very low to the ground and
open to suggestions... my .02..

peace

ric hordinski

monkmusic.com