Sequencing loops in Repeater...

One more Repeater question:  (until I loop back around again)
I understand from the PDF manual that you can't sequence loops
with Repeater alone, except by manual triggering, and that must be
done prior to the transition point because of the delay calling up the
next loop.  Now I understand you can use an external sequencer to
change the loops by using Program Bank control messages within
a sequence to which the Repeater is synced.
Does the Repeater output these program change messages so that
you can record them back into the sequencer ?
Is there any other way other than using a software sequencer or the
program change knobs on a keyboard to obtain these messages to
record onto a hardware sequencer ?
I want to be able to use an older Yamaha QX5 or QX21 (I have both)
to sync to and automate the loop playback.
Excuse if this is old news and I should have searched the archives.....
--
gary
@friendlyspider.com