Re: Miking Congas

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael LaMeyer" <m.lameyer@verizon.net>
> what about phase relationships with this setup?  have you ever
> had/tried to reverse polarity on the 112, or does the distance
> from the drum head mic make that consideration unnecessary?
> depends?

I always try the phase both ways when working with multiple mic setups.
The
correct phase is something that I don't think you can predict because it
depends on mic distance.  I try inverting the phase and leaving it
uninverted and whichever one sounds better I use.  If neither one sounds
good I move the mics until it starts working.

-Vance