Re: Boss RC-20

the rc-20 is a nice tool although the sampling rate is
lower than 44.1.  i read somewhere that it's in the mid
30's although no one really knows.

being able to erase the entire loop with your foot
without stopping is nice.

Matthias spent only an hour reconfiguring mine so it
can send a sync signal out.  my phrase jack is being
used for this purpose now.

but since i've been using the repeater i haven't even
touched the rc-20.

it's a different class of looping and mixing.
the repeater is where loopers meet dj's.
hybrid on down. . .

On Wed, 17 April 2002, SRice wrote

> From: SRice <srice44@yahoo.com>
> Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 09:51:01 -0700 (PDT)
> Subject: Re: Boss RC-20
> To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
>
> Actually reverse is one of the few functions that
doesn't
> require stopping the loop and writing it to memory.
>
> What I have found is that recording the first loop in
reverse
> doesn't work.  The initial loop has to be forward,
then the
> overdubs can be reverse and it is easy(if you've got
good
> toe control(this is why I wear sandals!)) to switch
between
> the two.
>
> I'm having some fun finding instrustruments which
sound
> interesting backwards and the big winner is the
ting-cha.
> This is a Tibetan chime, two heavy disks connected
with a cord.
> The sound is an instantaneous note with very long
sustain,
> so in reverse you hear a normal ringing which very
suddenly
> stops.
>
> Yours in rhythm,
> Steve
>
> PS:  Hey inventors!  Foot switches(pedals) are so
done.  How