Re: Time Lag Accumulator, Frippertronics, Eno

At 4:34 PM -0500 4/17/02, marcus savino wrote:
>1. Is there a diagram (besides Eno's Discreet Music jacket) that outlines
>in detail how to to put one of these together?

Two tape machines, placed suitably far apart, and well calibrated (speed
azimuth, bias, etc.).

Feeder reel is placed on the left machine, takeup reel on the right, tape
somewhat slacked between the machines.

Left hand machine is in record, right hand machine is in play.

Feed back [some of] the signal from the right hand play machine into the
record machine.

Add mixers to taste (perhaps one on the input and one on the output)

Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

>2. Is there something specific to Revoxes that make them ideal for this
>process? Is it necessary to use Revoxes or will Teacs work as well?

I've done it w/ Tascams, though not for a LONG time.

-C

--
 http://www.xfade.com/ | In theory, there is no difference between
    cbm@well.com       | theory and practice. In practice, there is.