Re: fripp lag accumulator

Loopers-Delight-d-request@loopers-delight.com writes:

> 1. Is there a diagram (besides Eno's Discreet Music jacket) that
>outlines
in
> detail how to to put one of these together?
>
>  2. Is there something specific to Revoxes that make them ideal for this
> process? Is it necessary to use Revoxes or will Teacs work as well?
>
>  Thanks,
>
>  Marcus

If you can't get Revoxes, then anything will do.
Don't have to be matching (it may help though)
Just as long as the speeds match up.
I've even done this with a mono ferrograph (valve) deck
and a teac 4-track.

..and remember, one of the decks will always be slightly faster
that the other. So this needs to be the deck where the tape
collects.

The varispeed to be found on the later Revoxes
(not the A77 although its a common mod)
means you don't
have to worry about this, and you can set the looptime without
moving the decks about.

Mr. Fripp used one tape channel for his long delay, and the
other as an echo effect to fill out the sound
( feed playback head back to record, but
just on one deck,)

andy butler