Los Angeles Gig Spam, featuring EDP LoopIV and Ableton Live looping

Yo list,

Two gigs coming up next week:

Monday, April 29
Knitting Factory Hollywood/Alterknit Lounge
8:00 PM
$7:00 tickets

I'll be playing solo, opening for Warr guitar wild-man Brian Kenny Fresno:

http://www.bonghitrecords.com

Will my EDP footpedal insert button explode?  Will I find a PMC 10 in
Appalachia for a ridiculously cheap price?  Will it arrive in time for
the show?  Will I become the punch-line of one of Brian's infamously
hilarious songs?  Tune in next Monday for the edge-of-your-seat excitement.

Thuday, May 2
California Institute of the Arts, Santa Clarita
Integrated Media Show

This will be a duo show with my partner-in-looping crime Eric Oberthaler:

http://www.soundsliketree.com

http://www.altruistmusic.com/archive/rmx.html

In addition to our standard EDP duet work, Eric has recently dived
head-first into the deep end of Ableton's Live software, which he'll be
running off of a laptop.  Both of us will have EDP's integrated into the
system as well.  I have no idea what it'll sound like.

I don't have a lot of details on this one yet, but I know it'll be an
all-evening event with numerous displays of various projects from the
Integrated Media program at CalArts, my alma mater.  In addition to our
"strict" set, Eric will probably be presenting some quasi-DJ music
between events, and I may be roped into that as well.

Feel free to drop Eric an email at eobe@shoko.calarts.edu for more info
on this gig, and I'll spam you all with details as I become aware of them.

For those interested, both gigs will feature the 1.0 version of LoopIV,
and will likely lean heavily on such new favorites as Stutter mode, Flip
mode, 8th/beat quantization, and the "sus" insert/multiply setting...

C ya,

--Andre LaFosse
http://www.altruistmusic.com