Re: Vortex Drone

Loopers-Delight-d-request@loopers-delight.com writes:

> > Even though the Vortex has a small delay time, I was hoping that could
>be
>  > pull this effect off with it, by playing the low drone, turning the
>loop
> on
>  > at the volume peak of the drone, and then relasing the loop without
>any
>  > attack.
>  >
>  > The question then becomes the all important bump issue- is there any?
>  > If there are any Vortex users out there who could tell me if it is
> possible
>  > to do what I'm asking - I would really appreciate it.

If the Vortex loop time is enough,
2s mono
1s stereo
then it's as good as anything.

It doesn't introduce a glitch into the loop on its own.
...and you'd be able to create a drone with
subtle changes in it if you wanted.
...a bit of cyclic flanging/phase/chorus with a different
time length to the loop
...if you like that sort of thing.

Actually, if you're into choir like chords the
Vortex is pretty incredible in this respect.

For non-degrading loops of up 5s stereo (not tap time)
on a budget go for the Behringer Virtualizer DSP2024.

Andy Butler
<A HREF="http://members.aol.com/soundfnr/vortex.htm">Lexicon Vortex
Database
</A>