Re: this nagging virus problem

The link directly to the page about this worm (it is a worm, not a virus)
can be found at:

http://www.sarc.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.klez.h@mm.html

There is a link to a free tool that can remove the virus from your
computer.
If you have gotten an email that when you try to view it, it brings up a
dialog box asking whether to save the file or execute it, you have received
this worm.  If you did not execute the file, you did not get infected.  If
you did, it trolled your email files and found people's addresses and sent
them the worm.  The worm file has a different name and extension each time.
It will be an executable extension (including .scr and .pif).  Each email
includes two attached files.  The subject line and body of the message can
be any of a dozen different messages.

I have not gotten this worm from this list, but on my other (home) email
account I have gotten it half a dozen times over the last couple of days.

If you think you might have gotten it, go to the link above and run the
removal tool.  If you do not have AntiVirus software, get some.  Some of
these worms (much more common today than viruses) can do a lot of damage.
You can get a 30 free trial version of Norton AntiVirus at:

http://nct.digitalriver.com/fulfill/0001.14

I used to write code for Symantec on the Norton AntiVirus team.  I wrote
the
email scanner that is in the product to this day.

-Vance