[ANN] Public Beta: Isadora Real Time Media Processing Software

I am writing to announce the public beta of Isadora, my real-time
video processing software for MacOS 9, Mac OS X, and Windows. You can
download version 0.8.2 and the preliminary Isadora manual from the
page at

http://www.troikaranch.org/troikatronix/isadora.html

Isadora is a graphic programming environment that provides
interactive control over digital media, with special emphasis on the
real-time manipulation of digital video. An Isadora program is
created by linking together graphically represented building blocks,
each of which performs a specific function: playing or manipulating
digital video, capturing live video, looking for MIDI input,
controlling a DV camera, etc. By linking the modules together you can
create complex interactive relationships that can be controlled in
real time, either with the mouse and keyboard, or with external MIDI
devices.

The response from those of you who have seen it has been positive,
which is gratifying to me. So I hope that some of you on this list
will have a look. For those of you here who have been using MAX +
Nato, the interface will be quite familiar I think.

As mentioned above Isadora will be for both MacOS and Windows. This
public beta is for the MacOS 9.x version of the program only. The
seems to run fine on OS X, but I haven't seriously tested it in that
environment. The OS X version should be considered be in an alpha
stage of development. There is also a Windows version on the way. My
hope is to make an alpha release of the PC version in the next month
or so. (If you are really burning to have it, email me...) Files
created on one platform will be able to be loaded on the other.

The program is available for sale now at a discounted price that will
remain in effect until the 1.0 release. (Those who purchase the
public beta will receive the 1.0 release too.)

If you find bugs, or just have suggestions, please don't hesitate to
send them to me via the page at
http://www.troikaranch.org/troikatronix/isadorabugs.html

Enjoy,
Mark