Re: Handsonic

Hmmm, sounds to me like they mainly expected it to be a performance
instrument, and the sequencer was a second thought.  I've seen people do
cool stuff where they seemed to be controlling effects via the d-beam,
no?

I too have a love/hate relationship with Roland.  They seem to favor a
billion presets rather than tweakability.  In a way I'm OK with that, as
a lot are great.  I used to spend hours and hours making sounds on an
old analog Korg D8000, but I feel I no longer have the time to put into
sound design, as much as I love it.  There came a time when I just had
to put more energy into playing.  The short of it is I still wish I had
the time to do both!

I recently picked up a VX-5050, because the sounds on the GR-30 SUCK.  I
was plain and simply tired of running them through tons of effects to
get anything halfway decent out of that  box.  Now it's mainly spitting
out midi.  Why the hell won't Roland make a guitar synth that's got
decent sounds?  I just got back from a gig, and my wife said, "You're
patches sounded great tonight.  I usually cringe a few times because I
hate the sounds."  I knew exactly which patches she was talking about!

Anyway, I always wanted a  Handsonic.  I've put it in the "if I can get
a used one for a decent deal" category.  If anyone wants to get rid of
one cheap, let me know!  (what the hell am I saying?)

Mark Sottilaro