Portable Amplification units

Hi,

I noticed that quite a few of you play outside, or at least would like
the opportunity to do so :) So you might be interested in this: I
recently aquired an Audio-One portable PA unit that  surpasses anything
that I have played on before, and rivals the quality that you would
expect  for a Bose hifi.

The model that I have comes in two pieces:

Top: Mid & High Range, one input + stereo line in/out - 80Watts (14KG)
Woofer: Bass (down to 14Hz I think) - 40 Watts (20KG)

Both units run off of their own internal rechargable lead batteries, for
about 8 hours at full power.

You can see the woofer and the top unit here:
http://www.solostring.com/images/musicora/equipment.jpg - the two are
normally connected via a pole so that the head is at ear level.

The company makes various configurations, and can even incorporate
wireless links between the speaker units/desks... and can make to order.

I met the maker (Thomas Wotzanek) at MusikMesse in Frankfurt (its a
German company), and he's a cool guy. So if anyone is looking for
something different, and a quality handbuilt product, then feel free to
email him at: wotzasek@audio-one.de

He does not have a website yet though, but I think his English brochures
are nearly ready.

Cheers.
--
Stuart Wyatt - Solo String Project