Re: FILM MUSIC STUFF

On Saturday, June 8, 2002, at 03:51  AM, Rick Walker/Loop.pooL wrote:

> Another  great way to accomplish this is to go to a local university
> with a
> good film professor,
> make an appointment and ask him to direct you to the most talented young
> student filmakers that he or she knows.   Approach them and offer to
> score
> their film
> with your original music FOR FREE!!!!!

I did this while attending college at Syracuse University in NY, and
found it to be a mixed experience.  I did work for a woman all semester
that yielded the most evil techno remix of Danke Shoen you'll ever hear,
and although my name hit the credits, I only found out it did when my
friends saw the premiere! (I had not been invited)

I also had a deal with another student to create some music for him, in
exchange for me to show his short film in my Music and Film class, as my
final presentation.  He agreed, then would not hand over a copy of the
film!  He kept asking for the music, but I kept saying, "Well, I'll kind
of need to see the film to create anything for it." and he'd flake time
and time again.  I finally gave up and rescored George Lucas's original
20 minute version of THX-1138, which was lots of fun.

Mark Sottilaro