Repeater OS hack Pipe Dream [was Repeater vs EDP]

"I think my point earlier was just due to my frustration that I might be
stuck permanently with OS1.1 - Its buggy, could have so many options,
more midi implementation etc. etc. I have found it highly limited at
times. Given time, testings etc. etc. I really think that the Repeater
can be a mind blowing gadget. I know the hardware exists inside the box,
and it is just up to the software to route/process audio. [/rant]"

Agreed!

Given that OS 1.1 was distributed and can be applied by using CFC's...

we know that the OS can be rewritten using the CFC holding the new code
we have access to the 1.1 update code directly (it is on the card)

Is it possible to write a NEW OS?  One that could do what we wanted to
given
the hardware and the existing internal wireing.

First, need to know if OS 1.1 is a PATCH or if it is the entire code...
if Patch:
        What are the mechanics of the patch?  Can it be reverse engineered?
if complete:
        Can it be decompiled?

In any event, input from the original OS engineers would be recquired...

Like I said... just a half baked Pipe Dream.

-Nathan

                                                                  .-.