RE: Boss RC-20

Steve, this is beautiful!  I intended to control the piece by the
volume of each of the singer's entries anyway (ie: I'll have
indications of dynamics and distance from the mic in the music), so
the gradual "diminuendo" of the the previous loop can be, as you say,
a feature of the piece.

I'm officially a looper.  thanks!!!  W.L.

>Hey, this is pretty on-topic for loopers-delight.  ;)
>
>Yes, the RC-20 functions as you describe.  It
>continues to play the loop as new dubs are added.
>The dry signal is also passed through.  The wet/dry
>mix is usually controlled via a mixer, with the looper
>on a send/return path.  It is possible to use the
>RC-20 by itself, ie plug the source and PA into it
>directly, although I have never used it that way.
>(by coincidence I'm exploring that topic, but more later.)
>
>I don't think you can change the mix, or the feedback
>within the Boss.  So, while there is no limit to the number of
>overdubs, each time the older material gets a little
>weaker.

sorta like decay;)