Re: PCM-41

<<Does anyone know anything about the Lexicon PCM

 -41? I saw one on ebay, but Harmony Central had
nothing on it.>>

Early to mid 80's digital delay. From what I
understand, it's modulation section could do
stuff that other delays couldn't do (ie choosing
between sine and square waveforms, plus a
envelope follower option). For what it's worth,
this is what Steve Stevens used to get the laser
gun sound during the solo on Billy Idol's Rebel
Yell. I've never actually used one, so I don't
know what kind of quality we're talking about.

Personally, I've always wanted a Lexicon Super
Prime Time delay, which was actually two delay
units in one, with a super flexible modulation
section and was, from what I recall from the ads,
the first programmable effects unit (allowing you
to store sounds). It had one of those old
cassette interfaces like all the synths had
before they started using floppies and those
Atari-style cartridges.

=====
May you never thirst!
The Scuba Diver Presently Known As Chris

"What do you get when you give a yo-yo to a flock of flamingos?"-James
Earl Jones