Re: Alembics; Was Re: rackmount overdrive/distortion

David Coffin wrote:
> Hey, Luca/Jim...let's hear more about this Alembic preamp. Which one do
you
> have and is it useful as a direct recording tool? Compensated outs for
> speaker simulation?
> Thanks!
> David

hi David !
it's veeery simple,
volume, treble, mids and bass plus a bright switch ( all multiplied per two
channels)
it's very simple inside, my friend technician who has tested it
electronically, said the trick is in the circuitry plus the small orange
things (i don't remember what is their name) which are seriously vintage.
i am also going directly into the board, but i don't miss any speaker
emulation; the tone control is so effective it seems there is no need.
the tone is clean, rich (wonderful, transparent bass) you can overdrive the
top end.
it is my perfect preamp, very sensible with a real wide tone control.
the one i found is a late '70 one, payed 400 $ on ebay.
i know what you are doing, i think this preamp is worth a try.

stay well,
my best,
luca