RE: CARP Passed - This sucks!

but how can you guarantee that music being played on your internet radio
station ISN'T affiliated with BMI/ASCAP?

in order to to run a station like this you'd have to accept mp3s/cds from
artists who want you to play their music.  what if some people (maybe even
the record companies themselves) decide to pass you material that is
actually covered by BMI/ASCAP?  all they have to do is monitor your
station,
wait for a song of theirs to come up and all of a sudden you're in
litigation.

i have no idea if this is actually how the law works, but it's a thought.

paul