Re: Why stereo? its a lesser spotted stan......

Yes, one can localize sine waves lower than 2657hz, easily.

It is commonly accepted that very low frequency sounds become hard to
localize, as was noted by someone else as employed in use for
subwoofers.  In spite of this, in some environments localizing low
frequencies can be done without difficulty for binaural listeners.  I
have found that even when my ears have a hard time telling which
direction is the source of a very low tone (under 100hz), that pressure
on my skin of my arms, legs, or face indicates the direction of the
source.

Low frequency sounds tend to be able to move around corners or bends
without difficulty, causing spreading through the room, and reflections
in rooms, making localization harder.  Further, standing waves can be
present in rooms causing regions in the room that have intensified low
freq sound where the standing wave antinodes, and nulls where the
standing wave has nodes.

bret