Re: Looper cencus

DSDALY@aol.com writes:

>I know alot of guitar players that are excellent and would
>definitely loop, but the marketing of the subject is all wrong.
but, there is no marketing.

>I just bought the REPEATER knowing that it has been discontinued because
>of
>the good reviews and the fact I can run a fairly small FS300 stage pedal
>operate the unit live.
>I also bought it to lay down tracks so I can solo over and get better.
interested:
did you buy it before you tried it?

>I know that it can do so much more, but I suppose I will learn through
>trial
>because I don't see a place where I can get alot of tips and tricks
>information.
look harder; and, you can look and ask here!

>Guitar Looping seems to be kept a big secret and that's why more
>guitarists
>arent into it.
ain't no secret.
i'm not good at keeping secrets, myself.

>If a company, say BOSS, came out with a small easy to use, reasonably
>priced
>(say $100-$150 range) stompbox looper that could give say 10-14 seconds
>of
>simple looping and went into the guitar magazines with well thought out
>proclaiming.. "SOMETHING NEW for all you guitarists out there" and maybe
>had
>some good sound files on there web site and a few tips to get going ..
>the
>whole looping thing could take off.
1) while it's not been fully plumbed -(what instrument has been?)- looping
is
not strictly new.
2) companies have certainly done that: boomerang, roland, akai, line 6 put
out reasonably inexpensive looping devices ---(hell, the jamman was cheap,
wasn't it?)--- and, some of them have spent some dough on advertising, as
well. and: oberheim used to advertise the EDP.
my conclusion? what's critically missing from the manufacturers' vision is
long-term plan that includes education of the potential marketplace via
seminars, clinics, instructional videos, and *functional* endorsements.
etc.

anyway:
i babbled, again. sorry, if.....
best,