Re: Line 6 pedals

<< The box that I enjoy the most is the
Modulation Modeller.  It sounds crisp and clean
in most of the various modes.  That is until I
add other signal processors in the chain
(especially prior to the MM-4), then it becomes
lower level and loses much of the high frequency
content>>

That's funny, I don't seem to have that problem.
When I run my Boss Metal Zone in front of the MXR
flanger emulation on the MM-4, it sounds just
like when I used to run it in front of an actual
vintage MXR flanger (back before the manual
control stopped working). And the other models
sound great with distortion on them, as well. I
get great sounds by using the Metal Zone, MM-4
and DL-4 all together.

Other than that, I can think of few instances
where I'd run a bunch of effects at once. For
instance, I also have the Filter Modeler, and
I've found that I don't get much by using all
three Line 6 pedals at once (or say using the
Filter Modeler with my vintage Coloursound wah
wah). Whether this is a matter of this design
fault you mention, or a simple case of "less is
more", I'm not sure. But I have absolutely qualms
with any of the Line 6 gear I've bought so far.

And I would advise your friend who damaged his
pedal by stomping on it too hard to use a little
less pressure when he steps on the footswitch. I
always think it's ridiculous when I read about
damaging pedals because they took the expression
"stompbox" a little too literally.

=====
May you never thirst!
The Scuba Diver Presently Known As Chris

"What do you get when you give a yo-yo to a flock of flamingos?"-James
Earl Jones