RE: Looper census - pre-recorded loops

Paul,

 I use looping in both ways... In some 'configurations of players' I create
loops using live material, but in another (one that I have been working
with more recently) I use prerecorded material... The tool I use to deliver
these loops is Acid... My mode is to 'semi-randomly' pull in samples, lay
them into the time space I want them to play, and then bring them into the
piece... I'll also use pitch shifting to create dynamics with an individual
'sample track'... For me, the 'trick' top keeping it interesting is to be
changing the tracks extremely often, fading old ones out, fading new ones
in, etc... Otherewise (as with all looping music) it can quickly become
stale... Of course, the other thing I do to keep it 'fresh' is to do this
along with other musicians playing live (Mark when are you going to come
down and play?!?! :)... I'd love to chat about this technique more, if
anyone
is interested...

 As time goes on, it become more apparent to me that Acid is not the
perfect
tool for what I am doing, and while I gave Live a quick test run, it did
not seem to lend itself to what I am doing either, although that might be
because I am 'stuck' on the techniques I've developed with Acid, so I want
to go back and give that another try... I'm hoping the next version of Acid
will allow me to do some of the things I want to, like automate a crossfade
between tracks, etc... blah.. blah... blah... :)

peace
-cpr

p.s. Some examples of what I am doing with Acid can be found at:

www.musetrap.com/atomicmobiusmachine