RE: loops for dance music & album rec for ALL loopers

well, there's two ways of looking at it, as far as i can tell... the
structured vs unstructed.

dance music is either:

- anything anyone can dance to, even a little

OR

- a large industry made up of highly specific genres, mostly using rigid or
programmed beats.
house, trance, techno, jungle, breakbeat - with all the myriad of subgenres
therein
AND
hip-hop, dancehall

of course this is most likely an endlessly debatable topic... which isn't
really the point, but is definitely worth defining briefly in order to have
the discussion in the first place.

i was personally mostly interested in those people working in the SECOND
category.  people who feel comfortable performing in between dj sets, or at
an event where people are expecting to dance to your set (club, rave, house
party, festival, etc.)

but hell, it's all interesting!