Playing along with stuff you didn't just do

Hey, I'll jump in here--since it's on my mind recently.
I used to use sequences and do a solo act--at one point it was my main
gig--and lots of folks (including me) didn't mind so much.
But it really depends on who you are trying to sell--case in point:
Tomorrow AM we begin the trek from San Diego to the Bay area to perform at
the Cayuga benefit--and I plan on just using acoustic guitar and the
underexplored LoopIV EDP (that's Echoplex to you).  I tried some stuff
using
the SR-16, and it was fine--but don't forget this is master percussionist
Rick Walker's gig, and he HATES the sounds on the SR-16.
It really comes down to how you feel about it--it starts with you and ends
with the audience--if you are really persuasive, they believe you--if you
don't believe in it, they can't . . .
I wanted to use the Ztar 'cause it's so whizzy but I just got the new
software and I'm not quite ready to use it in public.  Lots of new features
including a MIDI looper, and also you can feed it MIDI in to change kits,
trigger sensors and more--still can't get it to send MIDI clock, but it
will
(so harveyS says) . . .
See ya in Santa Cruz . . .
Gary